Ostap Stoliarchuk, Software Engineer @ Google & Alumni of the Faculty of Computer Science and Cybernetics (of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv). A supporter of events organized by Hackathon Expert Group.
During my study at Taras Shevchenko University, I had been actively participating in ACM contests. I liked this kind of competition, and I would like such events to happen more often. Nowadays, Hackathons have become more and more popular among students and professionals.
I think, Hackathons are very important for students and young professionals because it helps to realize many things:
1) to better understand the reality of work and the worldwide challenges;
2) to get the practice with the real-world tasks with the support from experts;
3) to boost hard and soft skills quickly and effectively;
4) to upgrade their CV and show for the future employer important additional professional activities;
5) to understand how to finish the work before the deadline under uncertainty!
Being aware of these important benefits, I do make my best to support these prominent events organized by Hackathon Expert Group. I know from participants’ feedback that they feel “upgraded” or “grown” after such an experience, and Taras Panchenko with the team are doing their best to make each event prominent. This fact assures me that I support significant things, like boosting the practical education level in Ukraine.